Barbara Bates BA Hons – ‘This Coaching Business’ - Personal and Executive Coaching
BA(Hons), SRN(ret’d), MInstLM, AMAC
I‘m a Personal and Executive Coach who specialises in working with Professional People Under Pressure. This may include what is generally known as Life Coaching and Wellness Coaching, which help you to work out how to maximise your well-being in all areas of your life and to be resilient in dealing with the stresses we all face.
It is marvellous what a difference a Good Listening To can make! I will help you to focus on the real issues, to believe that you can do something about it and support you while you do it. I have a wide life experience myself, a good sense of humour and a compassionate, determined and solution-focused approach to my work and to my life. I know what it’s like to work hard, juggle family responsibilities and still flourish!
Please see my website www.thiscoachingbusiness.co.uk and my full profile here on the Life Coach Directory http://www.lifecoach-directory.org.uk/lifecoaches/barbara-bates. For a free Personal Life Analysis related to wellbeing. http://pla.thiscoachingbusiness.co.uk
My qualifications include: L7 Executive Coach, NLP Practitioner, NLP Coach, C&G Level 3 ‘Coaching in the Workplace’, Institute of Customer Services Qualified Coach and Assessor, Level 4 NVQ Management, Retired State Registered Nurse, BA Hons English Language and Literature. My professional experience is mainly in health and social care management, assessment and training.
To contact me call 07957720023 or visit www.thiscoachingbusiness.co.uk for further information or view my regular updates at
Life Transitions Coaching – Richard Lamb:
Life can sometimes be on the edgy, stressed, chaotic side, right? Do you feel that perhaps, just maybe, you're not heading in the right direction, a direction that means integrity, purpose and meaning to you? Do you feel you've reached a crossroads, and need friendly space to explore which direction best suites you current needs and future desires?
Our culture doesn't pay much attention to how an individual flows from one phase of life to another, which are really gateways to becoming a different person.
So to begin with, some opening questions I may ask might include:
- What is your heart’s desire?
- What are your current needs, here and now?
- What is the most pressing issue that you're facing, right now?
- What do you perceive is holding you back?
- What does success and freedom look like, hear like, feel like, to you?
I believe that every person has the potential to develop their own solutions, whether those issues are professional/public or of personal and private. So with greater self-awareness, understanding, and perhaps some new mental tools and existing perspectives challenged. I am inspired in my own journey by Roberto Assagioli, Carl Jung and Sir John Whitmore; their teachings have informed my approach, through adopting a 'transpersonal' perspective on an individual’s life transition challenges, their goals and vision for a future which honours their uniqueness. Ultimately I intend to hold a safe space for an individual to create a personal freedom-oriented, sustainable way of engaging the world, that meets their personal needs and the needs of those they share their lives with.
To book your free 60-minute first consultation, you can call me on 07920011440 email me via email@example.com
Your Power Behind the Mask
Do you ever think ‘There has GOT to be more to life than this!’
Your Power Behind the Mask is a programme for women who look successful on the outside, but feel disconnected on the inside.
Is this you?
- You have been knocked by a life event (redundancy, divorce, illness...) and want to get back on track, or find a new way forward.
- You know you are on the ‘wrong path’, and no longer enjoy your work and / or life. You find yourself feeling more stressed than happy most of the time and have forgotten what ‘fun’ is.
- You are experiencing the Imposter Syndrome and feel like a fraud. You have worked hard to get to where you are and look ‘successful’, but there is still something missing.
More importantly, you are ready for change, and open to thinking and doing things differently and moving forward.
As we go through life, we learn to create different Masks in order to fit in and gain approval - sometimes we’re not even aware we’re doing it. It isn’t until we start feeling trapped or stuck that we realise something isn’t right.
This programme is delivered in ten one-to-one sessions (face to face or on-line) over approximately 4 months, and:
- Looks at what is and isn’t working in your life right now, and why (in your work or personal life, or both).
- Identifies what you personally need to make you feel happy and successful, how this is being fulfilled right now, and what you want to change.
- Identifies whether your current belief system is supporting you to grow, or holding you back and causing you to feel stuck. How is the ‘law of attraction’ working for you? What do you want to bring in, and in order to create space and energy to allow this, what do you need to release and let go of?
- How powerful is your relationship with yourself? Get this bit right and it will impact on every area of your life.
Our true power lies behind our Mask, and the stories we tell ourselves about work, life, relationships, money, and most importantly about ourselves and what we deserve. This programme is tailored to work on the areas you most want to change.
If you’d like to arrange a ‘Curiosity Chat’ to find out more, & to see whether I can help you, please either:
- Drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Curiosity Chat’ in the title, or
- Leave a message with reception at the Magnolia Therapy Centre on 0115 960 8855
...and I will get in touch with you to arrange a call.
About Sindy Kaur
My background is in the Corporate world, and I worked for a major multi-national company for 13 years. I was involved in international marketing, strategic marketing, global trends management, working with celebrity makeup artists, and travelling to find new ideas for some of the leading UK beauty brands.
On the outside everything looked great. On the inside things were crumbling. Over time I started to feel more and more disconnected and eventually burnt out. Burnout was followed by redundancy, and I lost not only my job and income, but the whole identity I had worked so hard to create.
At this point I had to totally re-evaluate my life, and as part of my own recovery I discovered coaching. This helped me to put my life back together in a way that subsequently saw me achieving things I would never have dreamt of before. I qualified as a coach in 2005, and since then I have worked with a variety of women from all walks of life.
I now help professional women to understand and break down self imposed barriers around confidence, self-belief, to re-define ‘success’, and to re-build a life that is more aligned to what is really important to them. The transformations I see time and time again over a fairly short period of time still give me goose-bumps, and what I’ve learnt is this: Dare to believe in ‘magic and miracles’, and you will be amazed at what is possible!
My way of working is with curiosity, compassion, and fun. Yes, the challenges we work on can be life changing – but we still have a lot of laughs along the way :)